Garden-fresh flavor of Roma tomatoes with tart marinated artichokes in a wonderful sauce that can be prepared in less time than it takes to prepare a package of fresh cheese ravioli. Adapted from a cooking website's newsletter.
- 2 (9 ounce) packages cheese ravioli, fresh
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb roma tomato, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- In a dutch oven or large saucepan bring salted water to a boil and cook ravioli according to package directions.
- Over a medium high flame, heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large nonstick skillet. Stirring occasionally, add tomatoes, artichokes and liquid, scallions, garlic, salt and pepper and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until vegetables are warmed through. Remove from heat.
- Drain pasta well and transfer to a large bowl. Toss with 1 teaspoon of oil and add half of the sauce to the ravioli, tossing gently to mix. Transfer ravioli to a large serving platter, pour on remaining sauce and garnish with parmesan cheese. Serve immediateley.