Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Garden-fresh flavor of Roma tomatoes with tart marinated artichokes in a wonderful sauce that can be prepared in less time than it takes to prepare a package of fresh cheese ravioli. Adapted from a cooking website's newsletter.
- 2 (9 ounce) packages cheese ravioli, fresh
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb roma tomato, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- In a dutch oven or large saucepan bring salted water to a boil and cook ravioli according to package directions.
- Over a medium high flame, heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large nonstick skillet. Stirring occasionally, add tomatoes, artichokes and liquid, scallions, garlic, salt and pepper and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until vegetables are warmed through. Remove from heat.
- Drain pasta well and transfer to a large bowl. Toss with 1 teaspoon of oil and add half of the sauce to the ravioli, tossing gently to mix. Transfer ravioli to a large serving platter, pour on remaining sauce and garnish with parmesan cheese. Serve immediateley.
This is just super - and it just doesn't get any more simple! DH & I LOVED the wonderful tart tang of the artichokes, the fresh Roma's, green onions and the garlic. Although I halved the ravioli for two, I kept the sauce the same. I thought I could simmer down the sauce and use it for a bruschetta the next day - didn't happen, we scarfed it all down. Yes, yes, I doubled the garlic, that's a given! I was concerned as to whether or not I should drain the artichokes, I did NOT, and I'm glad I didn't, made a nice sauce. Served with some fresh chives and basil on top. Five star review for ease of preparation and fantastic taste! BTW, this is also a recipe that gives you room to play. Have a few button mushrooms left over - chop 'em up and throw them in, wan't some heat; dice up a jalepeno!
We loved this. It made an easy and delicious dinner for us. It was great having it use ingredients we had on hand. Made after Culinary Quest 2014.
Very easy and very good. I loved that it used pantry ingredients. Had a simple supper on the table in minutes that everyone enjoyed, and that is no bad thing. Thanks!!!