Fast weeknight dinner made with pre-made and fresh ingredients. Recipe from Buitoni (maker of Italian food items in the grocery). They recommend serving it with crusty bread and a mixed greens salad. This is truly fancy enough for a dinner party!!!
- Boil pasta according to package directions.
- In the meanwhile, cook wine and shallots in medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until reduced to about 1 tablespoon.
- Stir sauce, pumpkin and sage into the shallots/wine. Cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through (about 3-4 min).
- When pasta is finished cooking, drain, reserving ¼ cup cooking water. Stir reserved water into sauce; toss with pasta.
- Sprinkle with green onion and freshly grated parmesean cheese if you like. Season with ground black pepper.