Fast weeknight dinner made with pre-made and fresh ingredients. Recipe from Buitoni (maker of Italian food items in the grocery). They recommend serving it with crusty bread and a mixed greens salad. This is truly fancy enough for a dinner party!!!
- Boil pasta according to package directions.
- In the meanwhile, cook wine and shallots in medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until reduced to about 1 tablespoon.
- Stir sauce, pumpkin and sage into the shallots/wine. Cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through (about 3-4 min).
- When pasta is finished cooking, drain, reserving ¼ cup cooking water. Stir reserved water into sauce; toss with pasta.
- Sprinkle with green onion and freshly grated parmesean cheese if you like. Season with ground black pepper.
I made this and it wasn't bad, it just wasn't the best. I'm not giving it a star rating because it was likely the alfredo sauce I used. Good alfredo sauce is very hard to come by. I'm going to try another brand and give it a fair review next time :)
Can't believe I forgot to rate this when I made it this winter. Super easy and really good, will be making again, thanks so much for posting!
Simple to prepare and delicious, we enjoyed this midweek supper, made as directed other than that I made my own Alfredo sauce.. I just can't seem to find it ready-made here. I also used fresh pumpkin, steaming it until tender and then mashing. A creamy rich pasta with the pumpkin adding fibre and fresh flavour, I also enjoyed the subtle undertones of sage, freshly picked from my garden. Luxurious enough to serve to guests, quickly and simply prepared for own supper, this is a winner, thanks, JB! Made for Vegetarian swap#9, April 2009