This recipe is pretty quick and easy, that's why I like it. I found this recipe on the back of the "Ronzoni" Manicotti noodle box. The best way to prep the noodles is to pre-boil the noodles, making them still firm enough to stuff but soft enough for them to finish cooking when you bake the dish in the oven.
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Bring 5 quarts of water to a rapid boil. For best results, add 1 tablespoons of salt.
- Add pasta and stir; return to rapid boil.
- Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 4 to 6 minutes.
- Remove noodles from boiling water and place them in a bowl of cold water. Tubes will be firm; making them easy to fill but will finish cooking and become soft and tender while cooking in the oven.
- In a large bowl stir together ricotta cheese, 1-1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, eggs, parsley and seasonings.
- Pour enough spaghetti sauce in the bottom of a 13x9-inch pan to just cover the bottom of the pan.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup cheese mixture into each pasta tube; place in the pre-sauced pan.
- Pour the remainder of sauce over filled pasta; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Cover with foil; bake 35 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and serve.