1/2 Photos of Cheesy Italian House Salad With Parmesan Dressing
This salad is rich and very filling and should be served as a main meal. The dressing makes about 1-1/2 cups but can easily be doubled. Plan ahead the dressing needs to chill for a couple of hours before using, prep time includes chilling time for the dressing. Feel free to add in other ingredients to the salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup mayonnaise (do not use salad dressing)
- 1/3 cup bottled kraft Italian salad dressing
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 1 large head romaine lettuce (torn into bite-size pieces)
- 1 cup artichoke heart, cut into quarters (or to taste)
- 1 (6 ounce) can pitted ripe olives (use green or black)
- 5 firm roma tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lb shredded provolone cheese (or to taste)
- salt and black pepper
- 1For the dressing; whisk all the ingredients together, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 2Cover and chill for 2 hours before serving.
- 3For the salad; place the first 6 ingredients in a large glass bowl; toss to combine.
- 4Serve with dressing on the side.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Italian House Salad With Parmesan Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (321 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 640.6
- Calories from Fat 432
- Total Fat 48.0 g
- Saturated Fat 15.6 g
- Cholesterol 61.9 mg
- Sodium 1598.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.4 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 22.7 g