1/1 Photo of Cheesy Zucchini Lasagna
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
This recipe is the easiest lasagna I've ever made, especially since you do not boil the noodles. It's meatless, yet my family (carnivores included) enjoys it. This is based on a recipe I found in the Betty Crocker Low Fat Low Cholesterol cookbook. VARIATIONS: For those who aren't watching their weight, feel free to use the full-fat versions of the cheeses. Also, you may use regular lasagne noodles instead of whole wheat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- nonstick cooking spray
- 226.79 g shredded fat free mozzarella cheese or 226.79 g part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 473.18 ml shredded zucchini
- 236.59 ml fat-free ricotta cheese or 236.59 ml low-fat ricotta cheese
- 59.14 ml grated fat-free parmesan cheese
- 532.32 ml meatless sauce (may use a 27 oz. can of sauce)
- 9 uncooked whole wheat lasagna noodles
- 59.14-118.29 ml boiling water
- 1Heat oven to 350°.
- 2Spray rectangular baking dish, 11x7x1-1/2 inches with nonstick cooking spray.
- 3Reserve 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese.
- 4Mix remaining mozzarella cheese, the zucchini, ricotta cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- 5Spread 3/4 cup of the spaghetti sauce in prepared baking dish; top with 3 of the noodles.
- 6Spread half of the cheese mixture over noodles in dish; top with 3/4 cup of the spaghetti sauce.
- 7Repeat with 3 noodles, remaining cheese mixture and 3/4 cup of the spaghetti sauce.
- 8Arrange remaining 3 noodles on top.
- 9Sprinkle boiling water over all.
- 10Cover with aluminum foil and bake about 1 hour or until noodles are tender and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- 11Remove from oven; sprinkle with reserved mozzarella.
- 12Let stand 15 minutes (or longer to get the desired firmness) before cutting.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Zucchini Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (141 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 45.2
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 5.1 mg
- Sodium 213.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 9.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat-free ricotta cheese
whole wheat lasagna noodles