Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This recipe is the easiest lasagna I've ever made, especially since you do not boil the noodles. It's meatless, yet my family (carnivores included) enjoys it. This is based on a recipe I found in the Betty Crocker Low Fat Low Cholesterol cookbook. VARIATIONS: For those who aren't watching their weight, feel free to use the full-fat versions of the cheeses. Also, you may use regular lasagne noodles instead of whole wheat.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 226.79 g shredded fat free mozzarella cheese or 226.79 g part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 473.18 ml shredded zucchini
- 236.59 ml fat-free ricotta cheese or 236.59 ml low-fat ricotta cheese
- 59.14 ml grated fat-free parmesan cheese
- 532.32 ml meatless sauce (may use a 27 oz. can of sauce)
- 9 uncooked whole wheat lasagna noodles
- 59.14-118.29 ml boiling water
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Spray rectangular baking dish, 11x7x1-1/2 inches with nonstick cooking spray.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese.
- Mix remaining mozzarella cheese, the zucchini, ricotta cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- Spread 3/4 cup of the spaghetti sauce in prepared baking dish; top with 3 of the noodles.
- Spread half of the cheese mixture over noodles in dish; top with 3/4 cup of the spaghetti sauce.
- Repeat with 3 noodles, remaining cheese mixture and 3/4 cup of the spaghetti sauce.
- Arrange remaining 3 noodles on top.
- Sprinkle boiling water over all.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake about 1 hour or until noodles are tender and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from oven; sprinkle with reserved mozzarella.
- Let stand 15 minutes (or longer to get the desired firmness) before cutting.
Easy and delicious! I used Classico Italian Sausage spaghetti sauce, and the results were fantastic! I'll be making this again...
Really easy for a lasagna recipe. Everyone in our family thought it was great and I loved the fact that I could put a bunch of zucchini (which we have an abundance of right now!) through the shredder on the food processor and not have to fiddle with slicing it all. Great recipe!
I added some ground turkey in with the zucchini, and it was great! We will have this again. Thank you!