Chef-Boy-I-Be Illinois's Note:
A piquant, savory herb breading with real Parmigiano Reggiano provide these moist chicken breasts with plenty of flavor. Baking them avoids all the fat calories from pan frying without sacrificing taste. Best of all, these are so fast and easy to make! Try it with my Chef-Boy-I-Be Illinois' Easy Cauliflower Gratin for a nice, satisfying comfort meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided use
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano, crushed
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1Preheat oven to 450°F.
- 2Whisk together the sour cream, Dijon, Worcestershire sauce and anchovy paste in a wide, shallow bowl (a pie plate works perfectly). The mixture will be quite thick, but that helps it adhere to the chicken and for the crumbs to adhere as well.
- 3Combine breadcrumbs, cheese, 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper, and oregano in another wide shallow bowl.
- 4Season both sides of breasts with remaining salt and pepper.
- 5Coat both sides of each breast first in the sour cream mixture, then in the bread crumb mixture.
- 6Place on a wire rack that is over a foil lined baking sheet that will accommodate the size of your rack.
- 7Spray both sides of each breast with olive oil cooking spray.
- 8Bake for 30 minutes at 450F until coating is nicely browned, then turn down to 400F and continue baking for approximately 30 minutes until a meat thermometer registers 165°F.
- 9You can use the time your chicken is baking to make some polenta to go along with it, and maybe some nice cauliflower gratin Chef-Boy-I-Be Illinois' Easy Cauliflower Gratin.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chef-Boy-I-Be-Illinois' Baked Chicken Parmesan
Serving Size: 1 (224 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 394.3
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 106.0 mg
- Sodium 1405.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 40.9 g