Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
A piquant, savory herb breading with real Parmigiano Reggiano provide these moist chicken breasts with plenty of flavor. Baking them avoids all the fat calories from pan frying without sacrificing taste. Best of all, these are so fast and easy to make! Try it with my Chef-Boy-I-Be Illinois' Easy Cauliflower Gratin for a nice, satisfying comfort meal.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3⁄4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided use
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano, crushed
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Whisk together the sour cream, Dijon, Worcestershire sauce and anchovy paste in a wide, shallow bowl (a pie plate works perfectly). The mixture will be quite thick, but that helps it adhere to the chicken and for the crumbs to adhere as well.
- Combine breadcrumbs, cheese, 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper, and oregano in another wide shallow bowl.
- Season both sides of breasts with remaining salt and pepper.
- Coat both sides of each breast first in the sour cream mixture, then in the bread crumb mixture.
- Place on a wire rack that is over a foil lined baking sheet that will accommodate the size of your rack.
- Spray both sides of each breast with olive oil cooking spray.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 450F until coating is nicely browned, then turn down to 400F and continue baking for approximately 30 minutes until a meat thermometer registers 165°F.
- You can use the time your chicken is baking to make some polenta to go along with it, and maybe some nice cauliflower gratin Recipe #360354.
Very good, I'll be making this again. Thanks!
My guys really liked this one! I made a basic polenta with it and they gobbled it right up! Thanks for sharing!
Well you certainly are right, it is fast and easy to make, and tastes fabulous. I used a saffron rice, for my family are rice lovers, and it was perfect, I didn't have any cauliflower on hand, so I just substituted for broccoli, it was great even the kids liked it. thanks for sharing these great receipes