1/11 Photos of Chef Flower's Cheat Chicken Parmigiana
Chef floWer's Note:
This dish is quick and easy, it looks like a lot of work to the person who is eating it but it's not. I made it for a very picker eater and she enjoyed it as well. Hubby (DH) also really enjoys this one. The Chicken schnitzels breast should be pre coated with spices and bread crumbs but still raw. I normally buy the chicken schnitzels pre-made from our butcher. The pasta sauce I use is called Barilla Olive (my favourite), which has chunky bits of olives in it so it adds to the texture. I don't use the complete 400 grams of the pasta sauce. Cheese - you can use your favourite cheese, I sometimes use a little bit of Mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese & Cheddar cheese (Also known as Tasty Cheese in Australia) but most times I normally use whatever cheese I have at home. As long as it can melt - Enjoy
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spray olive oil on a heated non-stick pan.
- 2Place chicken on pan and panfry the pre-made chicken schnitzels until both sides are golden brown.
- 3Once it is cooked place the cooked chicken schnitzel into an greased ovenproof dish and repeat steps until all the schnitzels are cooked.
- 4Spread your favourite pasta sauce individually on to the chicken. (Make sure you cover the entire top section of the chicken. I normally spread it thickly).
- 5Then sprinkle your chosen cheese on the chicken to cover the top of the chicken (Not to thick as it may melt over the pan).
- 6Garnish it lightly it with a sprinkle of dried or fresh parsley.
- 7Bake at 160 degrees celsius (320 fahrenheit) uncovered until cheese is melted and lightly browned (Between 20 to 30 minutes).
- 8Serve with a green salad or seasonal vegetables and garlic bread.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chef Flower's Cheat Chicken Parmigiana
Serving Size: 1 (114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 134.9
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 11.0 mg
- Sodium 548.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 4.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: