1/2 Photos of Cherry Biscotti
1 hr 25 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped dried tart cherry
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- granulated sugar
- 1Combine 3/4 cup sugar and eggs in a large mixing bowl.
- 2Beat with an electric mixer at medium speed, scraping bowl often, 2 to 3 minutes, or until thick and pale yellow in color.
- 3Add oil, orange juice, orange peel and vanilla; beat 1 to 2 minutes, or until well mixed.
- 4Combine flour, walnuts, baking powder and salt; gradually add to egg mixture.
- 5Mix on low speed 1 to 2 minutes, or until well mixed.
- 6Stir in cherries by hand.
- 7Turn dough onto lightly floured surface (dough will be soft and sticky).
- 8Lightly sprinkle with additional flour; knead flour into dough.
- 9With floured hands, shape into 2 (8x2-inch) logs.
- 10Place 3 to 4 inches apart on a greased baking sheet; flatten tops slightly.
- 11Combine egg white and water; brush on logs.
- 12Sprinkle with granulated sugar.
- 13Bake in a preheated 350°F oven 25 to 30 minutes, or until light brown and firm to the touch.
- 14Let cool on baking sheet 15 minutes.
- 15Reduce oven temperature to 300°F.
- 16Cut logs diagonally into 1/2-inch slices with a serrated knife; arrange slices, cut-side down, on baking sheet.
- 17Bake 8 to 10 minutes; turn slices.
- 18Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- 19Remove to wire rack; let cool completely.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherry Biscotti
Serving Size: 1 (28 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 87.4
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 12.4 mg
- Sodium 38.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 1.7 g