1/1 Photo of Cherry Tomato and Kalamata Olive Penne
This is the most incredible pasta recipe I have. It is simple to make and dangerously addictive. If you are looking for a new recipe that is incredibly delicious, beautiful and will get you compliments you have found it. Even people who dislike tomatoes, olives or both cannot resist this pasta once they have tasted it. It is my adaptation of a recipe I found in 'Everyday Food'. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb penne rigate
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced.
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes, halved.
- 3/4 cup pitted chopped kalamata olive
- 1 1/2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, add pasta.
- 2In a medium bowl add halved cherry tomatoes, kalamata olives, crushed red pepper flakes, oregano, salt and pepper, set aside.
- 3Add garlic and olive oil to a medium skillet and saute on low heat until garlic is translucent and soft but not brown, about 4 minutes.
- 4Increase heat to medium low, add tomato and olive mixture and saute 1- 3 minutes just until the tomatoes begin to release their juices, tomatoes should be hot but still firm, be careful not to overcook them.
- 5Drain pasta when Al Dente and return to pan, toss with fresh chopped parsley.
- 6Mix in the tomato and olive mixture gently.
- 7Add parmesan cheese and toss gently, serve hot.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherry Tomato and Kalamata Olive Penne
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 764.7
- Calories from Fat 261
- Total Fat 29.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 33.0 mg
- Sodium 956.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 95.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 31.1 g