Garlic, Garlic, Garlic, Garlic. Yummy. Love that this recipe uses reduced fat products and still tastes like 1,000 calories! Prep time does not include cooking the chicken or noodles. I make my sauce with all broth and no wine and it turns out great.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 1 1⁄4 cups reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 lasagna noodles, cooked, room temperature
- 25 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 3⁄4 cups reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth, divided
- 3⁄4 cup dry white wine, or
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- salt and white pepper
- Mix chicken, cheese, garlic, herbs, salt and pepper. Spread 3 to 4 tablespoons mixture on each noodle; roll up and place, seam sides down, in 13x9-inch baking dish.
- For sauce, Cook garlic in oil in medium skillet, covered, over medium-low heat until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Mash cloves slightly with a fork.
- Add 1 1/2 cups broth and wine to skillet and heat to boiling.
- Mix flour, parsley and remaining 1/4 cup broth and stir into boiling mixture. Boil until thickened, about 1 minute. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon Many Cloves Garlic Sauce over rotolo. Bake loosely covered at 350 degrees until rotolo are hot and sauce bubbly, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Note: You may want to cut lasagna noodles in half before filling, (and of course use less filling per noodle half) to make them easier to handle when eating!