1/2 Photos of Chicken and Cheese Rotolo With Many Cloves Garlic Sauce
Garlic, Garlic, Garlic, Garlic. Yummy. Love that this recipe uses reduced fat products and still tastes like 1,000 calories! Prep time does not include cooking the chicken or noodles. I make my sauce with all broth and no wine and it turns out great.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 1 1/4 cups reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 lasagna noodles, cooked, room temperature
- 1Mix chicken, cheese, garlic, herbs, salt and pepper. Spread 3 to 4 tablespoons mixture on each noodle; roll up and place, seam sides down, in 13x9-inch baking dish.
- 2For sauce, Cook garlic in oil in medium skillet, covered, over medium-low heat until tender, about 10 minutes.
- 3Mash cloves slightly with a fork.
- 4Add 1 1/2 cups broth and wine to skillet and heat to boiling.
- 5Mix flour, parsley and remaining 1/4 cup broth and stir into boiling mixture. Boil until thickened, about 1 minute. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 6Spoon Many Cloves Garlic Sauce over rotolo. Bake loosely covered at 350 degrees until rotolo are hot and sauce bubbly, 20 to 30 minutes.
- 7Note: You may want to cut lasagna noodles in half before filling, (and of course use less filling per noodle half) to make them easier to handle when eating!
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Cheese Rotolo With Many Cloves Garlic Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (202 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 332.6
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 43.8 mg
- Sodium 345.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 25.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat ricotta cheese
reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth