1/1 Photo of Chicken and Eggplant Parmesan
A version of this recipe was emailed to me. This is my modified version of 2 great dishes combined to make 1 fantastic meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 crosswise slices eggplants, 1/2 inch thick, peeled
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2 (4 ounce) chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2/3 cup marinara sauce, warmed (I used Marinara Sauce / Spaghetti Sauce Via Bari, Italy.)
- parmesan cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees, spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- 2In a pie plate, whisk together the egg, egg white and water. In a second pie plate stir together the bread crumbs, parsley, cheese and Italian seasoning.
- 3Dip the cut eggplant in the egg wash and then in bread crumbs, place on prepared baking sheet and lightly spray with cooking spray. Place in preheated oven and bake for 10 minutes, turn and spray second side lightly with cooking spray. Return to oven and bake and additional 10 minutes or until done.
- 4While eggplant slices are baking, place the chicken breasts in a resealable bag with a teaspoon of water. Pound with a meat mallet to 1/4 inch thick.
- 5Dip the chicken into the remaining egg wash and then in bread crumbs. Allow crumb mixture to set for a few minutes while oil heats.
- 6Over medium heat add olive oil to a heavy skillet and warm. When warm place the chicken in the pan and cook 4 minutes or until lightly browned, turn and cook other side for 4 minutes.
- 7To assemble, place 2 slices of eggplant on each plate, spoon a portion of sauce over all, top with chicken breast and remaining sauce. Grate freshly grated Parmesan cheese over all and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Eggplant Parmesan
Serving Size: 1 (1204 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 680.5
- Calories from Fat 210
- Total Fat 23.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 180.5 mg
- Sodium 791.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 32.8 g
- Sugars 30.9 g
- Protein 44.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: