A baked pasta dish that will leave you craving more. Its cheesy thick and delicious. Sometimes I use light or fat free ricotta and cottage cheese then sub butter milk for the cream to make it less rich.
- Cut chicken into small cubes.
- Chop garlic very fine.
- Cook chicken and garlic with olive oil and garlic salt. When done set aside.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Boil water and cook manicotti according to box directions.
- Mix ricotta,cottage cheese, 1/2 cup parmesan mix and salt to taste.
- Add cooked chicken.
- Take manicotti pasta and stuff with mixture.
- Set in non-stick bake pan in rows (it should fill bottom of pan).
- If there is any stuffing left over, layer it on top.
- Pour heavy cream over until all is covered (do not have to use all of it). Then top with cheese and remaining parmesan mix cheese and bake for 25 minutes then raise heat to 375°F for 8-15 more minutes depending on how brown and bubbly you like the top.
- Enjoy with garlic bread, salad or your favorite side items.
I wasn't to impressed with this. I thought it lacked flavor and I even added some parsley
This is the best recipe ever! I have made it several times especially with company over. It is always a big hit. Thanks for sharing.
Made this for dinner tonight. I love the garlicy chicken. Be sure you cut your chicken pieces small or else they won't fit in the manicotti. I'm thinking next time I'll add some diced onion also. I didn't get a picture until AFTER the family had attacked it.