Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
I got this recipe from a set of recipe cards and it is one of the favorites in my house. I admit that I never follow this 100% (I don't add the onions, and I don't exactly measure the cheese and spices) but I will print the exact recipe here.
- 1 (12 ounce) package bow tie pasta
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 (28 ounce) jar pasta sauce
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Start cooking pasta according to directions and drain. While pasta is cooking --.
- Cut chicken into strips, bites, or pieces. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chicken to skillet and cook until no longer pink, about 6 minutes. Remove chicken from skillet with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add onion and garlic to skillet and cook until onion is softened (I'm not sure how long -- I never use onion) Stir in pasta sauce and increase heat to high. Bring sauce to a boil, reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken, cream and basil to the skillet and mix well.
- Spoon cooked pasta into an ungreased 13 X 9 baking pan. Spoon the pasta sauce mixture (with chicken) over the top. Sprinkle with the cheeses. Bake about 25 minutes, until bubbly and cheese is lightly browned.
This was really good!...but nothing spectacular...it was a nice Italian dish...it was easy to prepare..I did cut the recipe in half and cooked it in a 8x8 dish...served it with some toasted garlic bread and a salad on the side...Made for Spring 2014 PAC...=)
We really enjoyed this. I had cooked chicken in the freezer so used that but followed the rest of the recipe as written. We all enjoyed this and the leftovers heated up nicely for lunch. Made for Spring PAC 2010.