1/1 Photo of Chicken Bow Tie Parmesan
I got this recipe from a set of recipe cards and it is one of the favorites in my house. I admit that I never follow this 100% (I don't add the onions, and I don't exactly measure the cheese and spices) but I will print the exact recipe here.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (12 ounce) package bow tie pasta
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 (28 ounce) jar pasta sauce
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F Start cooking pasta according to directions and drain. While pasta is cooking --.
- 2Cut chicken into strips, bites, or pieces. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 3Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- 4Add the chicken to skillet and cook until no longer pink, about 6 minutes. Remove chicken from skillet with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- 5Add onion and garlic to skillet and cook until onion is softened (I'm not sure how long -- I never use onion) Stir in pasta sauce and increase heat to high. Bring sauce to a boil, reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 6Add the chicken, cream and basil to the skillet and mix well.
- 7Spoon cooked pasta into an ungreased 13 X 9 baking pan. Spoon the pasta sauce mixture (with chicken) over the top. Sprinkle with the cheeses. Bake about 25 minutes, until bubbly and cheese is lightly browned.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Bow Tie Parmesan
Serving Size: 1 (351 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 902.7
- Calories from Fat 429
- Total Fat 47.6 g
- Saturated Fat 21.1 g
- Cholesterol 235.8 mg
- Sodium 1578.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 14.1 g
- Protein 56.0 g