I got this recipe from a set of recipe cards and it is one of the favorites in my house. I admit that I never follow this 100% (I don't add the onions, and I don't exactly measure the cheese and spices) but I will print the exact recipe here.
- 1 (12 ounce) package bow tie pasta
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 (28 ounce) jar pasta sauce
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Start cooking pasta according to directions and drain. While pasta is cooking --.
- Cut chicken into strips, bites, or pieces. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chicken to skillet and cook until no longer pink, about 6 minutes. Remove chicken from skillet with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add onion and garlic to skillet and cook until onion is softened (I'm not sure how long -- I never use onion) Stir in pasta sauce and increase heat to high. Bring sauce to a boil, reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken, cream and basil to the skillet and mix well.
- Spoon cooked pasta into an ungreased 13 X 9 baking pan. Spoon the pasta sauce mixture (with chicken) over the top. Sprinkle with the cheeses. Bake about 25 minutes, until bubbly and cheese is lightly browned.