1/3 Photos of Chicken & Campanelle Pasta With Roasted Garlic Cream
Karina A's Note:
This pasta dish is superb; the Roasted Garlic Cream creates an awesome garlic sensation that is rich, smooth and velvety on your tongue. You may substitute the chicken with lobster, scallops or shrimp for an elegant dinner party entrée.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 lb grilled chicken breast
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup shiitake mushroom
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup rich chicken broth
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 lb campanelle pasta, cooked
- 12 leaves fresh basil
- salt and pepper
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
Roasted Garlic Cream (use 1 cup)
- 1Prepare the Roasted Garlic Cream recipe. (see below).
- 2Grill the chicken or roast the breasts and dice them into bite sized pieces.
- 3Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Sauté the onion, garlic, mushrooms and chicken. When the onions are heated through, deglaze the pan with the white wine. Add the chicken stock and cream and reduce by half its volume or until the sauce is thick enough to coat a spoon.
- 4Sir in the Roasted Garlic Cream and add the cooked pasta. Add basil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 5Pour into a large serving bowl and sprinkle with the parmesan cheese and more fresh basil.
- 6Roasted Garlic Cream: (This sauce is a garlic lover’s dream! It will add incredible garlic flavor, aroma and depth to any dish. It is so versatile that it can be used on pizza! The garlic flavor is mellow not strong and the texture will be similar to that of peanut butter. It makes wicked garlic bread.).
- 7Place the garlic in a saucepan and cover with olive oil. Heat to medium high and cook for about ten minutes until the garlic is golden brown, but not burnt.
- 8Remove from heat and strain the olive oil into an airtight container to use in future recipes.
- 9Put the cooked garlic into a food processor or blender.
- 10Heat the cream in a heavy saucepan, reducing it to half of its original volume, or until the amount equals about one cup. Pour the cream into the blender with the cooked garlic and purée into a paste.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken & Campanelle Pasta With Roasted Garlic Cream
Serving Size: 1 (691 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2066.7
- Calories from Fat 1395
- Total Fat 155.0 g
- Saturated Fat 64.7 g
- Cholesterol 422.5 mg
- Sodium 640.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 108.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 58.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: