1/1 Photo of Chicken Florentine Lasagna
2 hrs 10 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This recipe is a recreation of my friend's favorite Lean Cuisine (they have discontinued it). I don't create my own recipes very often so any input that could improve the final product would be appreciated.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb cooked chicken breast, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and squeezed dry
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups lowfat mozzarella cheese
- 16 ounces low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 9 lasagna noodles (I precooked mine)
- white sauce
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 quart skim milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1Pre-cook your lasagna noodles according to the package directions. Set aside.
- 2Saute onions and mushrooms in the butter until all the liquid from the mushrooms has evaporated and the onions have softened.
- 3Add the flour and cook for 1 minute.
- 4Add the skim milk and cook over low heat stirring frequently until the sauce has thickened.
- 5Add salt, pepper, nutmeg and 1/3 cup parmesan cheese.
- 6Stir until cheese has melted and add chicken breast and spinach. Set aside.
- 7In a small bowl mix ricotta, 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and egg until well blended.
- 8Begin to layer the lasagna (I used a deep 9x9 stoneware dish I had, but a 13x9 dish would work as well).
- 9Spread a small amount of sauce over the bottom of your pan.
- 10Cover sauce with one layer of pasta.
- 11Spread 1/2 the ricotta cheese mixture and 1/3 of the remaining mozzarella over the pasta.
- 12Cover the cheese with 1/3 of the remaining sauce.
- 13Add another layer of pasta.
- 14Spread the remaining ricotta mixture and 1/2 the remaining mozzarella over the pasta.
- 15Cover the cheese with 1/2 of the remaining sauce.
- 16Add a final layer of pasta.
- 17Cover the pasta with the remaining sauce and cover the pan with foil.
- 18You will have some mozzarella and parmesan cheese leftover. Reserve this for later.
- 19Bake the lasagna at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Uncover the dish and sprinkle the remaining cheeses over the top.
- 20Return to the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is golden and the lasagna is bubbling around the edges.
- 21Let the lasagna rest for 15-20 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Florentine Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (315 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 311.9
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 76.1 mg
- Sodium 523.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 27.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lowfat mozzarella cheese