Chef #1201839's Note:
My husband's favorite dish from a little Italian restuarant up the street... this is my version of the dish! : ) You can also add red bell pepper for color.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 lb cremini mushroom, sliced 1/8 inch thick
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup chicken stock or 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard (optional)
- 2 tablespoons dill
- 1Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- 2In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in the vegetable oil. Add the chicken breasts, skin side down, and cook over moderately high heat until lightly browned, about 4 minutes.
- 3Cover the skillet and cook the chicken over moderate heat until the skin is crisp, about 4 minutes.
- 4Uncover, turn the chicken and cook over moderately low heat until the meat is just white throughout, about 6 minutes.
- 5Transfer the chicken to a large plate and cover loosely with foil.
- 6Pour off the fat from the skillet and add the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter.
- 7Add the mushrooms and shallot and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until softened, about 4 minutes.
- 8Add the wine and simmer over moderately high heat until almost dry, about 3 minutes.
- 9Add the cream and stock and simmer until thickened, about 8 minutes.
- 10Stir in the mustard (optional) and dill and season with salt and pepper.
- 11Add the chicken to the sauce, skin side up, along with any accumulated juices.
- 12Simmer over low heat until the chicken is warmed through, about 2 minutes.
- 13Spoon the sauce onto plates, top with the chicken and serve w/ pasta.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken in a Mushroom-Dill Cream Sauce! Excellent!!!
Serving Size: 1 (297 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 530.7
- Calories from Fat 352
- Total Fat 39.2 g
- Saturated Fat 20.0 g
- Cholesterol 180.0 mg
- Sodium 141.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 32.8 g