Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Warming, fast and oh-so-flavoursome.
Make and share this Chicken in Pepper, Garlic and Tomato Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 (5 ounce) chicken breasts
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 red peppers, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 zucchini, finely diced
- 14 ounces chopped tomatoes
- 1 3⁄4 cups vegetable stock, hot
- 14 ounces flageolet beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon basil, chopped
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a pan; cook chicken for 4-5min on each side until golden. Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Add the onion to the pan and cook for 7-8min until softened. Add the pepper, garlic and zucchini and continue to cook for 2min.
- Stir in the tomatoes and stock and bring to the boil, then return the chicken to the pan. Simmer for 10-15min until the sauce is thick and the chicken cooked through.
- Add the beans to the sauce with the basil and plenty of salt and black pepper, and stir to heat through.
- Serve immediately with crusty bread.