This recipe won a blue ribbon at the State Fair of Texas a couple of years ago. It is absolutely wonderful and quite easy to prepare and even easier to eat. Chef: Ronda Porter - State Fair of Texas Blue Ribbon Winner
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 ounce) package manicotti pasta shells
- 4 cups cooked chicken, finely chopped
- 2 (8 ounce) containers chive & onion cream cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1/4 cup tastefully simple dried tomato & garlic pesto sauce (I could not find this combo, so I bought Sun Dried Tomato Pesto and added minced garlic to make my o)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, for mixture
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, for topping
- 2 (26 ounce) jars pasta sauce (use 1 jar for each dish)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Cook pasta according to package directions and drain. Set aside.
- 3Mix together chicken, cream cheese, spinach, Tastefully Simple Dried Tomato & Garlic Pesto and one cup mozzarella cheese.
- 4Pour 1/3 jar pasta sauce in bottom of baking dish.
- 5Cut manicotti tubes down one side and spoon 1/2 cup chicken mixture into each shell.
- 6Roll and place into 11 x 7 inch glass baking dish.
- 7Pour remaining jar of pasta sauce over the top taking care to cover the pasta.
- 8Sprinkle ½ cup cheese on top and bake for 30 minutes.
- 9Makes two casseroles. Freezes well.
- 10Optionally you could replace the chicken with Italian sausage.
- 11I personally use beer can chicken which has a smokey flavor.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Manicotti
Serving Size: 1 (427 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 651.9
- Calories from Fat 321
- Total Fat 35.7 g
- Saturated Fat 18.1 g
- Cholesterol 136.9 mg
- Sodium 1310.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 17.5 g
- Protein 36.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: