Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Very easy quick yet tasty dinner. My guest can never believe I made this myself, and my husband can't get enough.
- 2 -3 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 manicotti, cooked
- 1 (16 ounce) jarof favorite spaghetti sauce
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese
- In a bowl combine parmesan and ricotta cheese, chicken and spices.
- Fill each manicotti shell with mixture.
- In the bottom of a rectangular casserole dish, spread a about 1/2 cup of spaghetti sauce around.
- Now place filled manicotti shells in dish.
- Top with 4 pieces of mozzarella cheese.
- Now pour the rest of spaghetti sauce over the top.
- Place the other 4 slices of mozzarella cheese on top.
- Cover dish tightly with tin foil and bake for about 30-35 mins in a 350 degree oven.
- Take the tin foil off and bake for another 5 or 10 minutes.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes before serving.
This was good, and really easy too! I was surprised how easy this was to fix. My family raved over it. I'm pretty much a novice cook and was worried this would be too complicated for me, but it wasn't at all. We'll be making this again!
My wife and I enjoyed this recipe so much, we made it for my family reunion this July 4th and it was a real hit. We generally make half with spinache and half with chicken. I like to cook the chicken with the oregano, parsley, and basil in addition to mixing the spices with the cheese. The spinache turned out great, just add as many leaves to the cheese mix as possible and still retain the cheese consistancy.