1/4 Photos of Chicken & Mushroom Lasagne
Sara 76's Note:
I came up with this recipe for my son's dinner tonight. (The rest of us were having a tomato based lasagne, which he doesn't eat.) I tried keeping this simple for his tastes, so feel free to add extra herbs or vegetables to suit your own tastes! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 lasagna noodles
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 500 g chicken breasts, diced
- 4 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1Heat oil in a saucepan, add chicken and onion, stirring until just cooked. Add mushrooms, garlic, thyme, and basil. Cook until mushrooms are tender. Set aside.
- 2Combine butter and flour, cook for 2 minutes. Gradually add flour, stirring continuously. When sauce starts to thicken, season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg, and stir in cheese.
- 3Spread a thin layer of the chicken mixture in the bottom of a lasagne dish. Top with a layer of noodles.
- 4Add a layer of bechemal sauce, and another layer of noodles.
- 5Add remaining chicken, and a layer of noodles.
- 6Add remaining bechemal sauce, and sprinkle with cheese.
- 7Bake at 180C for around 40 minutes, or until noodles are tender and cheese is starting to brown.
- 8Remove from oven and let stand 20 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken & Mushroom Lasagne
Serving Size: 1 (321 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 602.1
- Calories from Fat 312
- Total Fat 34.7 g
- Saturated Fat 17.8 g
- Cholesterol 123.6 mg
- Sodium 468.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 34.9 g