Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
My Mother's recipe. It always get rave reviews.
Make and share this Chicken Parmesan recipe from Food.com.
- 3 whole chicken breasts, split,boned and skinned
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- Combine eggs, salt and pepper.
- Dip chicken into egg mixture and roll in bread crumbs.
- Brown chicken in hot oil in a large skillet.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Place chicken in lightly greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Drain oil from skillet.
- Combine tomato sauce, basil and garlic powder in skillet.
- Bring to a boil and simmer 10 minutes until thick.
- Stir in butter.
- Pour over chicken and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and top with mozzarella.
- Bake 10 minutes more.
It was very delicious. It melts in your mouth. It's great with spaghetti. I would definitely make it again, very simple recipe.
This was wonderful, I cooked with spaghetti and a side of garlic bread, what a great meal!
This was excellent. The only change that I made to the recipe is that I used pre-made spaghetti sauce in place of the tomato sauce. I'll be making this dish again.