1/1 Photo of Chicken Parmesan With Spaghetti
My husband loves chicken Parmesan and this is what I came up with to please our taste buds. It is a very simple dish and you get restaurant quality in less than an hour! The trick is to use very thin chicken breast cutlets. P.S. Don't tell my Italian parents I use jar sauce! ;-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 chicken breasts, cutlets pounded thin
- 2 (25 ounce) jars of good spaghetti sauce (I prefer Enrico's)
- 1 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 eggs
- 16 ounces thin spaghetti, cooked
- 16 ounces mozzarella cheese (shredded or sliced)
- olive oil
- 1Pour half of one jar of sauce into a 9X13 baking dish and set aside.
- 2Crack eggs into a shallow bowl and beat slightly with a fork.
- 3In another shallow bowl, stir together both types of breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
- 4Put spaghetti water on to boil.
- 5Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large non-stick frying pan.
- 6Coat chicken cutlets with egg, then breadcrumb mixture and transfer to frying pan, three at a time.
- 7Fry chicken cutlets 5 minutes per side, or until golden.
- 8Transfer cooked chicken cutlets to the baking dish.
- 9Cover chicken with remainder of opened jar sauce and top with Mozzarella.
- 10Broil in oven on high until cheese begins to brown.
- 11Strain spaghetti, toss with second jar of sauce, and serve with chicken cutlets.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Parmesan With Spaghetti
Serving Size: 1 (495 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1184.7
- Calories from Fat 416
- Total Fat 46.2 g
- Saturated Fat 18.6 g
- Cholesterol 237.6 mg
- Sodium 2606.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 107.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 25.4 g
- Protein 80.2 g