So easy and so good too! Adapted from BH&G magazine.
Make and share this Chicken Pepper Panini recipe from Food.com.
- 8 slices hearty multigrain bread (or ciabatta bread)
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise (or salad dressing)
- 1 cup lightly packed fresh basil (if you don't have basil, try some parsley and spinach or arugala or greens of choice)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced cooked deli-roasted chicken (or shredded, or lefotver chicken)
- 1⁄2 cup bottled roasted sweet red pepper, drained and cut into strips (or homemade)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat an electric sandwich press, a covered indoor grill, a grill pan, or a 12-inch skillet.
- To assemble sandwiches, spread one side of each bread slice with the mayonnaise. Layer basil, chicken, and roasted sweet peppers on 4 of the bread slices. Top with remaining bread slices, mayonnaise sides down. Brush both sides of each sandwich with oil.
- Place sandwiches (half at a time, if necessary) in the sandwich press or indoor grill; cover and cook about 6 minutes or until bread is toasted. (If using a grill pan or skillet, place sandwiches on grill pan. Weight sandwiches down(with a heavy skillet or a pie pan with a few cans of vegetables in it) and grill about 2 minutes or until bread is lightly toasted. Turn sandwiches over, weight down, and grill until remaining side is lightly toasted.
- Makes 4 sandwiches.
Loved it!!! I scaled it back to 2 sandwiches for DH and I to have with soup. Oh boy were they good. As I was eating I mentioned that I thought I would add some goat cheese next time. DH disagrees - he liked them just the way they are so next time I'll have mine with the addition of goat cheese and he can have his as written. I made ciabatta rolls for the first time and used homemade roasted peppers and grilled a chicken breast as I don't care for deli chicken. There was very little basil left in the garden so I used half basil and half baby spinach. A lovely hearty sandwich. Thanks you for sharing Sharon!
This was an oh so delicious panini sandwich !! I made these using the Multi Grain "Fold Em's" . I had used some mayo/dijon mixture I had leftover from another recipe. And I did use the fresh Basil with a few spinach leaves, the fresh basil definitely gives it a great flavor. I had grilled the chicken breast the night before with some jerk seasonings. Prepared everything together in the morning and then just assembled the sandwich for the panini at lunch time. Made this to go with Very Green Salad With Herb Vinaigrette The flavors worked out together so good. This is a great sandwich with so much flavor with the basil. Thanks for sharing your recipe Sharon. Made in memory of Sharon's DH.
I made this for weekend brunch for my DS and he thoroughly loved it, I mixed some honey mustard in with the mayo and used grilled chicken that I grilled on my indoor grill and had frozen in my freezer, this was so good, thanks Shar!