So easy and so good too! Adapted from BH&G magazine.
Make and share this Chicken Pepper Panini recipe from Food.com.
- 8 slices hearty multigrain bread (or ciabatta bread)
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise (or salad dressing)
- 1 cup lightly packed fresh basil (if you don't have basil, try some parsley and spinach or arugala or greens of choice)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced cooked deli-roasted chicken (or shredded, or lefotver chicken)
- 1⁄2 cup bottled roasted sweet red pepper, drained and cut into strips (or homemade)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat an electric sandwich press, a covered indoor grill, a grill pan, or a 12-inch skillet.
- To assemble sandwiches, spread one side of each bread slice with the mayonnaise. Layer basil, chicken, and roasted sweet peppers on 4 of the bread slices. Top with remaining bread slices, mayonnaise sides down. Brush both sides of each sandwich with oil.
- Place sandwiches (half at a time, if necessary) in the sandwich press or indoor grill; cover and cook about 6 minutes or until bread is toasted. (If using a grill pan or skillet, place sandwiches on grill pan. Weight sandwiches down(with a heavy skillet or a pie pan with a few cans of vegetables in it) and grill about 2 minutes or until bread is lightly toasted. Turn sandwiches over, weight down, and grill until remaining side is lightly toasted.
- Makes 4 sandwiches.