1/3 Photos of Chicken Pepper Panini
So easy and so good too! Adapted from BH&G magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 slices hearty multigrain bread (or ciabatta bread)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise (or salad dressing)
- 1 cup lightly packed fresh basil (if you don't have basil, try some parsley and spinach or arugala or greens of choice)
- 1 1/2 cups sliced cooked deli-roasted chicken (or shredded, or lefotver chicken)
- 1/2 cup bottled roasted sweet red pepper, drained and cut into strips (or homemade)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1Preheat an electric sandwich press, a covered indoor grill, a grill pan, or a 12-inch skillet.
- 2To assemble sandwiches, spread one side of each bread slice with the mayonnaise. Layer basil, chicken, and roasted sweet peppers on 4 of the bread slices. Top with remaining bread slices, mayonnaise sides down. Brush both sides of each sandwich with oil.
- 3Place sandwiches (half at a time, if necessary) in the sandwich press or indoor grill; cover and cook about 6 minutes or until bread is toasted. (If using a grill pan or skillet, place sandwiches on grill pan. Weight sandwiches down(with a heavy skillet or a pie pan with a few cans of vegetables in it) and grill about 2 minutes or until bread is lightly toasted. Turn sandwiches over, weight down, and grill until remaining side is lightly toasted.
- 4Makes 4 sandwiches.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Pepper Panini
Serving Size: 1 (55 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 144.2
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 5.0 mg
- Sodium 140.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 0.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: