Chicken breast cooked in white wine,mushrooms,lemon, artichokes and herbs served on top of angel hair pasta. This recipe comes from my Luby's Cookbook. Prep time does not include 1 hour marinade time for chicken.
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 6 chicken breasts (boneless & skinless)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- salt and pepper
- 3⁄4 cup butter (or margarine)
- 1 cup Chardonnay wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup mushroom (sliced)
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄4 cups artichoke hearts (canned-drained-cut in half)
- 2⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons parsley (chopped)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons basil leaves (dried)
- 1⁄2 lb angel hair pasta
- In a gallon size plastic bag, combine water,lemon juice & chicken,refrigerate 1 hour.
- Put beaten eggs in a small bowl and in another bowl,mix flour and salt/pepper.
- Remove chicken from marinade, dip into egg mixture, then into flour mixture, coating evenly.
- Over medium heat in a large skillet, melt butter; add chicken pieces cooking about 5 minute on each side and cooked through.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding 1 tablespoon oil to cooking water, drain, set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, cook wine over medium heat until about 1/3 has evaporated, add brtoh,mushrooms,salt & garlic powder, simmer 4-5 min, add artichoked & lemon juice, continue simmering 2 minute.
- Mix cornstqrch and water until cornstarch is completely dissolved, add to sauce mixture, stirring constantly, continue cooking 1 min or until thickned.
- Remove from heat, add butter, parsley and basil.
- Arrange cooked pasta on a serving platter and top with chicken and sauce or make individual plates with pasta,chicken & sauce.