Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got thisone from a friend of mine in NY
Make and share this Chicken Riggies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (16 ounce) package rigatoni pasta
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts, skinless, boneless, cut in bite-sized pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cubanelle peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
- 3 roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 2 hot cherry peppers, seeded and minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the rigatoni pasta, and cook until al dente, 8 to 10 minutes; drain and keep warm.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, and cook in the hot oil until lightly browned on all sides, and no longer pink in the center, about 7 minutes. Remove the chicken from the pan, and keep warm. Stir the onion, garlic, and cubanelle peppers. Cook and stir until the onion has softened, about 4 minutes. Add the roasted red peppers, hot cherry peppers, and crushed tomatoes. Bring to a simmer, then stir in the heavy cream and cooked chicken. Simmer 2 or 3 minutes, then stir in the pasta. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese to serve.