Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Serve with garlic bread. This recipe also works well with turkey.
Make and share this Chicken Risotto recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1 shallot
- 1 pinch saffron
- 2⁄3 cup creme fraiche
- 8 ounces peas
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 3 1⁄2 ounces butter
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese
- 10 ounces arborio rice
- salt & pepper
- Cook peas in boiling salt water for 15 minutes.
- Cut chicken into strips.
- Saute chicken in butter for 3 minutes, then add chopped shallot and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup stock, creme fraiche and saffron, then leave to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add peas.
- In a large pan, saute onions in butter, add rice and brown for a minute.
- Add 3/4 cup stock, stir well, then add rest.
- Once rice is cooked, add rest of butter, then cheese.