Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This was inspired by a local Italian Restaurant. We loved the light sauce and smoked flavor. It was great with a salad and breadsticks. I pounded out the breasts to an even thickness to ensure even cooking.
- 4 approx. 6 oz ea. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 slices smoked ham (very thin slice or shaved)
- 1 medium tomatoes, sliced very thin,enough to cover each chicken breast
- 8 ounces fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 lb spaghetti or 1 lb angel hair pasta, cooked according to box and tossed lightly with olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 can low sodium chicken broth
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil, additional needed for tossing with pasta,to taste
- garlic powder
- black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 350 Lightly season chicken with garlic powder and black pepper.
- Heat Olive Oil in large skillet on M-High.
- Quickly sear chicken and remove from pan.
- (reserve) Sauté Mushrooms in skillet until about half cooked add chicken stock.
- Spray casserole dish (9x13) with No-stick spray.
- Place chicken in casserole dish.
- Add a layer of tomato to each chicken breast followed by a layer of ham and a layer of mushrooms, add stock, cover with Foil and bake for 20-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through (when poked with fork juices run clear!).
- Add cheeses to top of each breast and return to oven uncovered.
- Bake until cheeses are melted.
- Serve chicken on bed of pasta with some of juice from pan.
- Some sauted zuccinni squash on the side is really good and can also be used as an edible garnish.
Really easy to do in advance and bake right when you need it. This would be a great company recipe. The sauce is very light and nice and wonderful over pasta, but I also think it would be good on a bed of spinach, for a very light main course. Pretty colors, tastes everyone will like, you can't go wrong with this one!
10 stars! This is absolutely WONDERFUL. Can't wait to make this for guests. The chicken turned out moist, tender and flavorful. Plus it is so easy to prepare which is an extra added bonus. The addition of the ham, tomatoes and cheeses really puts this over the top. I highly recommend this to everyone. Thanks so much for sharing, Greffete.