This was inspired by a local Italian Restaurant. We loved the light sauce and smoked flavor. It was great with a salad and breadsticks. I pounded out the breasts to an even thickness to ensure even cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 approx. 6 oz ea. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 slices smoked ham (very thin slice or shaved)
- 1 medium tomato, sliced very thin,enough to cover each chicken breast
- 8 ounces fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 lb spaghetti or 1 lb angel hair pasta, cooked according to box and tossed lightly with olive oil
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 can low sodium chicken broth
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil, additional needed for tossing with pasta,to taste
- garlic powder
- black pepper
- 1Pre-heat oven to 350 Lightly season chicken with garlic powder and black pepper.
- 2Heat Olive Oil in large skillet on M-High.
- 3Quickly sear chicken and remove from pan.
- 4(reserve) Sauté Mushrooms in skillet until about half cooked add chicken stock.
- 5Spray casserole dish (9x13) with No-stick spray.
- 6Place chicken in casserole dish.
- 7Add a layer of tomato to each chicken breast followed by a layer of ham and a layer of mushrooms, add stock, cover with Foil and bake for 20-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through (when poked with fork juices run clear!).
- 8Add cheeses to top of each breast and return to oven uncovered.
- 9Bake until cheeses are melted.
- 10Serve chicken on bed of pasta with some of juice from pan.
- 11Some sauted zuccinni squash on the side is really good and can also be used as an edible garnish.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Rossini
Serving Size: 1 (394 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 741.4
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 110.8 mg
- Sodium 1013.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 89.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 58.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low sodium chicken broth