Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This was inspired by a local Italian Restaurant. We loved the light sauce and smoked flavor. It was great with a salad and breadsticks. I pounded out the breasts to an even thickness to ensure even cooking.
- 4 approx. 6 oz ea. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 slices smoked ham (very thin slice or shaved)
- 1 medium tomato, sliced very thin,enough to cover each chicken breast
- 8 ounces fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 lb spaghetti or 1 lb angel hair pasta, cooked according to box and tossed lightly with olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 can low sodium chicken broth
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil, additional needed for tossing with pasta,to taste
- garlic powder
- black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 350 Lightly season chicken with garlic powder and black pepper.
- Heat Olive Oil in large skillet on M-High.
- Quickly sear chicken and remove from pan.
- (reserve) Sauté Mushrooms in skillet until about half cooked add chicken stock.
- Spray casserole dish (9x13) with No-stick spray.
- Place chicken in casserole dish.
- Add a layer of tomato to each chicken breast followed by a layer of ham and a layer of mushrooms, add stock, cover with Foil and bake for 20-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through (when poked with fork juices run clear!).
- Add cheeses to top of each breast and return to oven uncovered.
- Bake until cheeses are melted.
- Serve chicken on bed of pasta with some of juice from pan.
- Some sauted zuccinni squash on the side is really good and can also be used as an edible garnish.