1 hr 5 mins
Alan in SW Florida's Note:
"Fuggeddaboutit!" A favorite dish of the wiseguys. Make this for dinner and, ba-da-bing, you're ready for an evening with the Sopranos. This is one of my all-time favorite Italian-American chicken recipes. Be sure to serve some crusty bread to sop up the sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 1/2 lbs chicken, cut into small serving pieces
- 1 lb Italian sausage, cut in 1-inch pieces (sweet or hot or both)
- 1 small red bell pepper, julienned
- 2 garlic cloves, minced and crushed
- 6 hot cherry peppers, sliced (bottled in vinegar)
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves, crushed
- 1 cup chicken broth (canned or fresh)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (such as Pinot Grigio)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 -2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 potatoes, peeled and diced small
- 3/4 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1In a skillet, heat oil. Add chicken and sausage in batches; brown on all sides. removing pieces to a plate as they brown.
- 2Discard all but 2 tablespoons drippings from pan. To hot drippings, add the mushrooms, red bell peppers, sliced cherry peppers, onion, potatoes, and garlic; saute until tender.
- 3Return chicken and sausage to skillet. Add salt, black pepper, the rosemary , the broth, the wine, and lemon juice. Bring to a boil; lower heat and simmer, covered, until chicken is tender, about 25 minutes.
- 4Remove chicken and sausage from skillet; arrange on warm serving platter.
- 5Skim fat from mixture in skillet.
- 6In a small glass measure, mix flour with 1/4 cup water until blended. Stir into liquid in skillet. bring to boiling, stirring constantly; boil for 1 minute, stirring, until mixture thickens.
- 7Spoon sauce over chicken and sausage.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Scarpariello - Country Style
Serving Size: 1 (542 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1314.2
- Calories from Fat 795
- Total Fat 88.3 g
- Saturated Fat 25.2 g
- Cholesterol 277.3 mg
- Sodium 2066.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 82.7 g