1/1 Photo of Chicken Tetrazzini
Rich, creamy and packed with chunks of chicken, wild and white mushrooms. If out of time, purchase a roasted chicken from the supermarkets.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper, divided
- 1/2 lb wide egg noodles
- 1/4 cup minced shallot
- 1/2 lb shiitake mushroom, stems removed and sliced
- 1/2 lb white mushroom, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 3 cups cooked chicken, cut into large chunks
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1Melt 3 tbsp butter in medium saucepan over medium heat.
- 2Add garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- 3Add flour and cook stirring for 1 minute.
- 4Gradually whisk in broth, cream, ¼ tsp each salt and pepper, and pinch of nutmeg until smooth.
- 5Bring to a boil, whisking constantly and set aside.
- 6Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- 7Cook noodles in boiling salted water until barely tender about 8 minutes.
- 8Drain and place in bowl.
- 9Stir in 1½ cups prepared sauce.
- 10Melt remaining 1 tbsp butter in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 11Add shallots and cook stirring 1 minute.
- 12Add shitake and white mushrooms, thyme, remaining ½ tsp salt and pepper and pinch of nutmeg.
- 13Cook stirring, until mushrooms are tender and liquid has evaporated about 5 minutes.
- 14Add sherry and boil for 1 more minute.
- 15Spoon half of noodles with ½ cup peas in shallow 2½-quart baking dish.
- 16Top with half of chicken the half of mushroom mixture.
- 17Repeat layering with remaining noodles, peas chicken and mushrooms.
- 18Pour remaining sauce evenly over top and sprinkle with Parmesan.
- 19Bake 15 minutes until golden and bubbly.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Tetrazzini
Serving Size: 1 (391 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 542.6
- Calories from Fat 224
- Total Fat 24.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.8 g
- Cholesterol 139.2 mg
- Sodium 861.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 33.5 g