Giada De Laurentiis recipe from Everyday Italian on Food Network. Has received 5 star rating out of numerous reviews.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 chicken thighs, with skin and bone-in
- black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs small red potatoes, halved
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 8 ounces frozen artichokes (or 1 cup frozen lima beans, thawed)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Heat oil in large ovenproof pot over high heat.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Cook chicken until golden brown on all sides, about 10 minutes.
- Remove chicken to a bowl.
- Add potatoes to pot and cook until golden brown, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- Add garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add wine and stir to scrape up brown bits on bottom of pot.
- Add broth, oregano, and thyme. Return chicken to the pot and stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Cover with lid and place overproof pot into preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to serving plate, arrange potatoes around chicken.
- Add artichoke hearts to sauce in pot. Cover and simmer over high heat until artichokes are tender, stirring often, about 4 minutes.
- Turn heat down to low and stir in butter.
- Pour sauce over chicken and potatoes and serve.