1/2 Photos of Chicken Vesuvio
1 hr 5 mins
Southern Lady's Note:
Giada De Laurentiis recipe from Everyday Italian on Food Network. Has received 5 star rating out of numerous reviews.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 chicken thighs, with skin and bone-in
- black pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs small red potatoes, halved
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 8 ounces frozen artichokes (or 1 cup frozen lima beans, thawed)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- 2Heat oil in large ovenproof pot over high heat.
- 3Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- 4Cook chicken until golden brown on all sides, about 10 minutes.
- 5Remove chicken to a bowl.
- 6Add potatoes to pot and cook until golden brown, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- 7Add garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- 8Add wine and stir to scrape up brown bits on bottom of pot.
- 9Add broth, oregano, and thyme. Return chicken to the pot and stir to combine.
- 10Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- 11Cover with lid and place overproof pot into preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- 12Transfer chicken to serving plate, arrange potatoes around chicken.
- 13Add artichoke hearts to sauce in pot. Cover and simmer over high heat until artichokes are tender, stirring often, about 4 minutes.
- 14Turn heat down to low and stir in butter.
- 15Pour sauce over chicken and potatoes and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Vesuvio
Serving Size: 1 (432 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 542.2
- Calories from Fat 278
- Total Fat 30.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 94.2 mg
- Sodium 252.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 22.4 g