1/7 Photos of Chicken Ziti Bake
I love Ziti, and found this on the web to add a chicken twist to the mix!! Feel free to add more cheese -- I know I do :) Easy to tweak -- try adding veggies, or even using different pasta if your family doesn't like the tube pasta. (FYI -- this recipe does call for layering, but one of the best things I have found with Ziti recipes is that you can mix everything together and throw in the pan, and that works even better sometimes!).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2 cups ziti pasta or 2 cups penne pasta
- 2/3 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1Preheat the oven to 375º F.
- 2Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray; heat. Add chicken and cook, turning as needed, until lightly browned, or about 5-6 minutes. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- 3Add onion and garlic to the skillet and cook, stirring as needed, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, Italian seasoning and pepper; bring to a boil.
- 4Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, stirring as needed, until the mixture is thickened slightly, 8 - 10 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, cook ziti according to package directions. Drain and mix with ricotta cheese.
- 6Pour half of tomato mix into a 13x9" baking pan, layer with ziti mixture, chicken and remaining tomato mixture. Sprinkle with the cheeses.
- 7Bake until hot and bubbling and cheese is melted, 15 - 20 minutes.
- 8Suggestion -- if short on time, precooked chicken strips can be used and work just fine!
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Ziti Bake
Serving Size: 1 (259 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 298.0
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 44.5 mg
- Sodium 308.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 20.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: