1/7 Photos of Chicken Ziti Bake
I love Ziti, and found this on the web to add a chicken twist to the mix!! Feel free to add more cheese -- I know I do :) Easy to tweak -- try adding veggies, or even using different pasta if your family doesn't like the tube pasta. (FYI -- this recipe does call for layering, but one of the best things I have found with Ziti recipes is that you can mix everything together and throw in the pan, and that works even better sometimes!).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2 cups ziti pasta or 2 cups penne pasta
- 2/3 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1Preheat the oven to 375º F.
- 2Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray; heat. Add chicken and cook, turning as needed, until lightly browned, or about 5-6 minutes. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- 3Add onion and garlic to the skillet and cook, stirring as needed, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, Italian seasoning and pepper; bring to a boil.
- 4Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, stirring as needed, until the mixture is thickened slightly, 8 - 10 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, cook ziti according to package directions. Drain and mix with ricotta cheese.
- 6Pour half of tomato mix into a 13x9" baking pan, layer with ziti mixture, chicken and remaining tomato mixture. Sprinkle with the cheeses.
- 7Bake until hot and bubbling and cheese is melted, 15 - 20 minutes.
- 8Suggestion -- if short on time, precooked chicken strips can be used and work just fine!
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Ziti Bake
Serving Size: 1 (259 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 298.0
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 44.5 mg
- Sodium 308.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 20.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: