Feast Your Eyes!'s Note:
This makes for a delicious and easy appetizer. The mushrooms are marinated in a tangy blend of Italian flavors like garlic, basil, oregano, and red wine vinegar. Serve it to your guests cold or at room temperature.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- 8 ounces mushrooms, cleaned, stems trimmed flat
- snipped flat-leaf Italian parsley (garnish)
- 1Combine all ingredients, EXCEPT MUSHROOMS AND PARSLEY, in a large zip top plastic bag; seal bag and shake well.
- 2Add the mushrooms to the marinade; seal bag and turn over several times.
- 3Refrigerate NO LONGER than 2 hours.
- 4Drain mushrooms and sprinkle with snipped parsley.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chilled Italian-Style Mushrooms: Very Simple, Very Delicious!
Serving Size: 1 (111 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 258.6
- Calories from Fat 245
- Total Fat 27.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 440.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 2.0 g