1/3 Photos of Chocolate-Almond Biscotti
1 hr 20 mins
These are great dipped in coffee or eaten by themselves. They make a nice gift when put in a large coffee mug.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups sliced almonds, toasted,divided
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips (optional)
- 2 teaspoons shortening (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Lightly grease a cookie sheet and set aside.
- 3Place 3/4 cup of toasted almonds in a food processor and pulse until ground.
- 4Beat butter in large bowl for 30 seconds, then add sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt; beat until combined.
- 5Beat in eggs and almond extract.
- 6Beat in as much of the flour as you can with mixer.
- 7By Hand, stir in remaining flour, the ground almonds and the remaining 3/4 cup of sliced almonds.
- 8On pieces of wax paper, shape dough into two 14 inch long rolls.
- 9Place rolls on prepared cookie sheet at least 5 inches apart, flatten slightly.
- 10Bake 25-30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near centers comes out clean.
- 11Cool on cookie sheet for 1 hour.
- 12Cut each roll diagonally into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- 13Place slices, cut sides down, on ungreased cookie sheets.
- 14Bake 8 minutes.
- 15Turn slices; bake 7 to 9 minutes more or until cookies are dry and begin to crisp (do not overbake).
- 16Remove from cookie sheets to wire racks.
- 17Cool completely.
- 18If desired, to make glaze or drizzle, place semi sweet chips and white chips in separate small microwave safe bowls.
- 19Add 1 teaspoon of shortening to each bowl.
- 20Microwave on high for 1 minute, stirring once; stir.
- 21If necessary, microwave an additional 15 seconds or until chips are melted and mixtures are smooth when stirred.
- 22Dip biscotti into mixtures or drizzle over tops.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate-Almond Biscotti
Serving Size: 1 (33 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 125.3
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 23.3 mg
- Sodium 89.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 2.2 g