1/3 Photos of Chocolate Biscotti II
1 hr 10 mins
Nancy Van Ess's Note:
originally from "Sunset" magazine
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, melted and cooled
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 1 tablespoon orange rind, grated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup pecans, chopped, walnuts or almonds
- 12 ounces white chocolate
- 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
- 1In a large bowl, combine flour, sugars, baking powder and salt. Add melted unsweetened chocolate, eggs, oil, juice, rum, peel and vanilla; stir to combine. Add baking chips and nuts; mix until dough is well blended.
- 2Quarter dough; shape into 4 logs, each about 2 1/ 2" wide by 14" long.
- 3Place 2 logs on each of 2 lightly oiled (10x15") baking pans.
- 4Bake logs at 350 degrees just until firm to touch, about 20 min.
- 5Cool logs slightly in pans; using a serrated knife, cut diagonally into 1/2" wide slices.
- 6Place slices cut side down on pans; bake until crisp, about 15 min. more.
- 7Cool cookies.
- 8Meanwhile, in a double boiler, melt white chocolate and shortening over hot water, stirring until smoot h (or heat in a nonmetal bowl in a micro oven on 100 percent power for 15 sec. at a time, stirring after each interval, until soft and smooth, about 1 1/2 min.total). Dip 1 end of each cookie about 1" into white chocolate to coat. Lay cookies on wire racks until firm; chill to speed process.
- 9Serve, or wrap airtight to store up to 2 days; freeze for longer storage.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Biscotti II
Serving Size: 1 (23 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 72
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 100.8
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 9.4 mg
- Sodium 47.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 1.4 g