1/3 Photos of Chocolate Biscotti (No Butter)
This recipe is given in grams; it's from a BBC food show. The dough can feel a bit crumbly but it's no problem. These are really good and chocolaty. I like to roast my hazelnuts in the oven. You make them fast and you can eat more of them since there is no butter in them good for lactose intolerants!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream together the eggs with a pinch of sugar until frothy using an electric mixer.
- 2Spoon in the sugar little by little to make a pale yellow batter.
- 3Sift together flour, cocoa and baking powder; fold carefully into the egg mixture.
- 4Fold in nuts and chocolate.
- 5Chill for about 20 minutes.
- 6Flour hands and divide the dough into two.
- 7Form into logs in the length of an oven tray.
- 8Bake for 5 minutes in a 175°C (350°F) oven.
- 9Lower the temperature to 150°C (300°F) and bake for 15 minutes.
- 10Cut into pieces about ½-inch.
- 11Dry them in the oven for 15 minutes.
- 12When cool, store in an airtight tin.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Biscotti (No Butter)
Serving Size: 1 (32 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 235.7
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 18.6 mg
- Sodium 77.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 6.2 g