This recipe is given in grams; it's from a BBC food show. The dough can feel a bit crumbly but it's no problem. These are really good and chocolaty. I like to roast my hazelnuts in the oven. You make them fast and you can eat more of them since there is no butter in them good for lactose intolerants!!
- Cream together the eggs with a pinch of sugar until frothy using an electric mixer.
- Spoon in the sugar little by little to make a pale yellow batter.
- Sift together flour, cocoa and baking powder; fold carefully into the egg mixture.
- Fold in nuts and chocolate.
- Chill for about 20 minutes.
- Flour hands and divide the dough into two.
- Form into logs in the length of an oven tray.
- Bake for 5 minutes in a 175°C (350°F) oven.
- Lower the temperature to 150°C (300°F) and bake for 15 minutes.
- Cut into pieces about ½-inch.
- Dry them in the oven for 15 minutes.
- When cool, store in an airtight tin.