Prep 7 mins
Cook 1 hr 9 mins
Everybody I've ever made these for have loved them. I've made them with marshmellows before too... but that didn't really work out too well hehehe. In the picture the lighter biscottis don't have the cocoa powder in them and the darker ones do. (I like them without cocoa better but that's just me.)
- 2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons rum extract
- 2 tablespoons almond extract
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon maraschino cherry juice
- 1⁄8 cup maraschino cherry, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cocoa (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips, melted (optional)
- Combine all ingredients together.
- Make into a 1/2 inch thick loaf on a wax paper.
- Place wax paper on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 45 minutes on 300°F.
- Cut loaf into pieces.
- Bake 12 minutes on each flat side.
- Brush top of biscotti with extra almond flavoring.
These are very easy and tasty. I made with cocoa powder, but left out chips. I also used a combination of Splenda and sugar. Don't let the amounts of extract fool you. It sounds like a lot but turned out just right in flavor. I cut mine in half before the second bake. Made for Fall 2007 PAC.