1/1 Photo of Chocolate Italian Souffle Cakes
These are rich individual chocolate souffle cakes. The recipe comes from Cinzetti's Italian Market Restaurant and is one of our favorites on their buffet. If you want even more chocolate flavor, insert a small piece of bittersweet chocolate in the center of each cake before baking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325.
- 2Combine chocolate and butter in the top of a double boiler, stirring until all is melted and combined.
- 3Whip eggs& sugar until light and fluffy.
- 4Mix flour into chocolate mixture.
- 5Gently fold the chocolate mixture into the whipped eggs being careful to not lose all the wonderful volume from the eggs.
- 6Spray either 12 muffin tins or 12 ramekins/souffle dishes wtih non-stick spray.
- 7Pour batter into prepared pans/dishes.
- 8Bake at 325 degrees for 9-12 minutes.
- 9Serve immediately.
- 10Note: You can prebake these and then reheat them in a preheated 325 degree oven for 2-3 minutes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Italian Souffle Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (74 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 216.4
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 133.6 mg
- Sodium 170.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 3.5 g