These are rich individual chocolate souffle cakes. The recipe comes from Cinzetti's Italian Market Restaurant and is one of our favorites on their buffet. If you want even more chocolate flavor, insert a small piece of bittersweet chocolate in the center of each cake before baking.
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Combine chocolate and butter in the top of a double boiler, stirring until all is melted and combined.
- Whip eggs& sugar until light and fluffy.
- Mix flour into chocolate mixture.
- Gently fold the chocolate mixture into the whipped eggs being careful to not lose all the wonderful volume from the eggs.
- Spray either 12 muffin tins or 12 ramekins/souffle dishes wtih non-stick spray.
- Pour batter into prepared pans/dishes.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 9-12 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- Note: You can prebake these and then reheat them in a preheated 325 degree oven for 2-3 minutes.