Make and share this Chopped Salad With Italian Vinaigrette recipe from Food.com.
- 6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano, crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup olive oil
- 8 cups chopped iceberg lettuce, one large head
- 2 1⁄2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 1⁄4 cups chopped seeded tomatoes
- 8 ounces dry salami, chopped
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3⁄4 shredded provolone cheese
- 2⁄3 cup drained canned chick-peas (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 3 green onions, sliced thin
- 1⁄8 cup olive (black or green sliced-optional)
- Whisk first 7 ingredients in bowl to blend; gradually whisk in oil.
- Season with salt and pepper. Can prepare vinaigrette 1 day in advance. Cover and refrigerate; bring to room temperature and rewhisk before using.
- Mix all salad ingredients in large bowl.
- Toss with enough vinaigrette to cover.
- Tip: Toss together vinaigrette and salad base at last minute.
Yum, yum! Nice Italian vinaigrette. This is very much like a great hoagie without all the bread. My little girl loved it! I made the dressing yesterday so the flavors could blend nicely. Thanks, GailAnn!
A classic, and a taste that is exquisite. I adore all things salads, and found this treasure whilst I was moseying through the recipe author's abundance of wonderful recipes. I knew that I wanted to make this directly. The vinaigrette was glorious in contrasting lemon, vinegar, and the bit of sugar to tie the whole dressing. I used fresh oregano from the garden. I had the deli cut some roasted chicken breast into a larger piece, thusly when I returned home, I just cubed this up and it was delightful, and not expensive at all. (I forgot to put the chicken out this morning - so when I went to the store, I instead just went to the deli) Had an end of some salami, so this was a perfect addition, again cubed. The only change I made was because I forgot the mozzarella, so instead I used sharp cheddar cubed also. Loved this in all ways. Made this again for dinner for DH. Gonna add some grilled mahi-mahi to his as a side. Thank you so much! Made for *Everyday is a Holiday tag game* June 2009