Prep 40 mins
Cook 20 mins
This sauce goes perfectly with a sea scallop ravioli recipe I have posted. It is also great with bow tie or penne pasta. Stacey
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 lb crabmeat, flaked
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons clam juice
- 1 (500 ml) can plum tomatoes, drained and crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- heat the oil in a saute pan over medium heat.
- add the onion and the parsley.
- after 1 minute add the garlic, dried thyme and the crab meat.
- cook for one minute more.
- pour in the wine and clam juice.
- raise the heat to high, to cook off the wine.
- add the canned plum tomatoes.
- cook the tomato sauce for 25-30 minutes, to reduce.
- stir occasionally to help the crab disintergrate.
I omitted the thyme and added 1/3 cup of finely chopped basil. My entire family ate it up!
This is a really good and hearty pasta sauce. I used a can of petite diced tomatoes with olive oil and garlic and loved the extra flavor. The sauce is not very "juicy" and would make a good bruschetta, as well.