1/2 Photos of Crazy Good Garlic Breadsticks
1 hr 25 mins
A delicious cross between Olive Garden and Little Caesars! It's just a simple pizza dough recipe, brushed with garlic sauce and topped with cheese. Servings note: the 10-12 breadsticks are for long breadsticks, they could easily be cut in half to make twice as many.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 ounce yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1Mix yeast into warm water.
- 2In separate bowl, combine flour and salt.
- 3Add the oil to the water, and add these liquids to the dry ingredients.
- 4Knead for 7 or 8 minutes, then let rest for about 10. Keep it under a cloth while resting, in a warm place.
- 5While it's resting you can make the garlic sauce. Melt the margarine, and mix in the rest of the ingredients. Put to the side.
- 6Roll dough out into a rectangle shape.
- 7Cut into strips of desired length, and brush on garlic sauce.
- 8Stick into a proof box for about 15 minutes. If you do not have a proof box, try to put the pans of dough in the warmest (not hot!) spot in your kitchen, such as nearby an oven. Or if you live in a hot place like Florida, put them in your car for a bit.
- 9Once they grow a little, throw them into the oven at about 425°. Check on them after 10 minutes and pull them out when they turn a nice golden brown.
- 10Brush more of the sauce on, lightly, and sprinkle with the grated cheese. Best enjoyed warm. :).
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crazy Good Garlic Breadsticks
Serving Size: 1 (856 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 216.1
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 17.7 mg
- Sodium 285.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 8.5 g