Something I found in a magazine. 14 April, 2008: I've put in Romano cheese, but it's the same cheese as Pecorino. I just mentioned it in the listing since that's the name Pecorino Romano is most commonly known by worldwide. TY Beautiful BC for pointing that out.
- Heat oil, butter and garlic in a pan.
- Add chicken and cook on both sides until tender.
- Remove fillets from pan, cut diagonally into thin slices and cover to keep warm. (Reserve the oil in the pan).
- To the same oil mixture add onion and cook, stirring, until onion is soft.
- Add crumbled stock cube and water and allow to simmer, uncovered, until reduced by half.
- Add cream, green onions and cheese and stir until cheese melts.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. (If desired, add a little salt to the boiling water to season it.).
- Add the pasta and cook till just tender. Drain well.
- Transfer to a serving dish and arrange chicken mixture over the pasta and top with sauce.