Feast Your Eyes!'s Note:
This flavorful meal is perfect for any night of the week. Pasta tossed with fresh shrimp, spinach, cherry tomatoes and a deliciously seasoned creamy ricotta cheese mixture -- Tastes so good, your kids won't mind eating their veggies!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup fat-free buttermilk
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, plus a dash
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley, chopped
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chablis (or other dry white wine)
- 1 lb medium shrimp, rinsed, peeled, deveined
- 10 1/2 ounces fettuccine, uncooked
- 2 cups fresh spinach, shredded
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1In a large mixing bowl, combine the first twelve (12) ingredients, give a good stir and set aside.
- 2In a large saucepot add 1 quart of water and a dash of salt; bring to a boil. Add the shrimp and cook 3 to 5 minutes. Drain well; rinse with lukewarm water, and drain again. Set shrimp aside.
- 3Cook fettuccine in a large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite.
- 4Drain pasta and immediately return to pot; add spinach and tomatoes. Gently stir mixture well to combine. Cover and let stand 1 to 2 minutes - or until spinach wilts.
- 5Add the ricotta mixture and shrimp to the prepared fettuccine, stirring well to combine.
- 6Serve with a crusty French or Italian bread, a tossed green salad and a glass of your favorite wine. Buon Appetito!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Fettuccine Tossed With Shrimp and Spinach
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 266.2
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 128.7 mg
- Sodium 210.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 21.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: