Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This flavorful meal is perfect for any night of the week. Pasta tossed with fresh shrimp, spinach, cherry tomatoes and a deliciously seasoned creamy ricotta cheese mixture -- Tastes so good, your kids won't mind eating their veggies!
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt, plus a dash
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley, chopped
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chablis (or other dry white wine)
- 1 lb medium shrimp, rinsed, peeled, deveined
- 10 1⁄2 ounces fettuccine, uncooked
- 2 cups fresh spinach, shredded
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the first twelve (12) ingredients, give a good stir and set aside.
- In a large saucepot add 1 quart of water and a dash of salt; bring to a boil. Add the shrimp and cook 3 to 5 minutes. Drain well; rinse with lukewarm water, and drain again. Set shrimp aside.
- Cook fettuccine in a large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite.
- Drain pasta and immediately return to pot; add spinach and tomatoes. Gently stir mixture well to combine. Cover and let stand 1 to 2 minutes - or until spinach wilts.
- Add the ricotta mixture and shrimp to the prepared fettuccine, stirring well to combine.
- Serve with a crusty French or Italian bread, a tossed green salad and a glass of your favorite wine. Buon Appetito!