Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This flavorful meal is perfect for any night of the week. Pasta tossed with fresh shrimp, spinach, cherry tomatoes and a deliciously seasoned creamy ricotta cheese mixture -- Tastes so good, your kids won't mind eating their veggies!
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt, plus a dash
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley, chopped
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chablis (or other dry white wine)
- 1 lb medium shrimp, rinsed, peeled, deveined
- 10 1⁄2 ounces fettuccine, uncooked
- 2 cups fresh spinach, shredded
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the first twelve (12) ingredients, give a good stir and set aside.
- In a large saucepot add 1 quart of water and a dash of salt; bring to a boil. Add the shrimp and cook 3 to 5 minutes. Drain well; rinse with lukewarm water, and drain again. Set shrimp aside.
- Cook fettuccine in a large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite.
- Drain pasta and immediately return to pot; add spinach and tomatoes. Gently stir mixture well to combine. Cover and let stand 1 to 2 minutes - or until spinach wilts.
- Add the ricotta mixture and shrimp to the prepared fettuccine, stirring well to combine.
- Serve with a crusty French or Italian bread, a tossed green salad and a glass of your favorite wine. Buon Appetito!