1/3 Photos of Creamy Garlic-Parmesan Orzo
The garlic may be adjusted to taste, we love garlic so I use 2 heaping tablespoons, I have left the chili flakes as optional add in for some heat if desired, cooking time does not include cooking the orzo.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups uncooked dry orzo pasta
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic (you may adjust to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional or adjust to suit heat level)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4-1/3 cup light cream (such as half and half or 18% table cream)
- 2 -3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1Cook the orzo according to the package directions; drain well.
- 2In a large skillet melt the butter over medium heat; add in the onion and saute until just softened (about 3-4 minutes).
- 3Add in fresh garlic and chili flakes the last 2 minutes of cooking.
- 4Reduce the heat to low and add in the cooked orzo, Parmesan cheese, milk or cream, parsley and salt; toss to heat through.
- 5Season with fresh ground black pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Garlic-Parmesan Orzo
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 362.8
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 41.0 mg
- Sodium 420.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 11.2 g