Bump up the veg content by adding peas or sweetcorn to the sauce. Or to make it veggie; instead of ham stir through wilted spinach and crumbled blue cheese. Can be frozen.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook the pasta according to pack instructions, then drain.
- 2Heat the oven to 400F then melt a little butter in a large saucepan.
- 3Fry the mushrooms for a couple of mins, then scoop out and set aside. Use some kitchen paper to wipe out the pan.
- 4Melt the remaining butter in the pan, then add most of the scallions and soften for 1 minute
- 5Stir in the flour for another minute, then gradually stir in the milk until you have a lump-free sauce.
- 6Increase the heat and bubble the sauce, stirring for a few mins to thicken.
- 7Turn off the heat, stir in the ham and most of the cheese then season to taste.
- 8Tip the pasta and mushrooms into a large ovenproof dish, then pour over the sauce and mix well in the dish.
- 9Scatter over the remaining cheese and scallions and bake in the oven for 10 mins until golden.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Ham and Mushroom Pasta Bake
Serving Size: 1 (334 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 696.0
- Calories from Fat 229
- Total Fat 25.4 g
- Saturated Fat 14.8 g
- Cholesterol 82.5 mg
- Sodium 729.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 84.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 31.5 g