From another website. This recipe uses frozen pre-cooked shrimp and they were great. Kids and DH liked this a lot. I served this with linguine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 lb frozen cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined, defrosted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon butter
- pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar, to add to the lime juice
- 2 -3 tablespoons scallions, chopped
- 1Heat oil in a medium-hot skillet and add garlic. Let that cook for 2 minutes.
- 2Now add the shrimp and sprinkle with the cayenne pepper. Cook, moving them in the pan for 5 minutes.
- 3Add the sugar to the lime juice and mix; set aside.
- 4Add the milk, cheese, butter and lime juice blend and stir constantly for about 5 minutes more, making sure cheese and butter are melted and sauce is well blended.
- 5Taste for seasonings.
- 6Serve over linguine and sprinkle with some black pepper and garnish with scallions.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Parmesan Garlic Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (258 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 433.3
- Calories from Fat 253
- Total Fat 28.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 263.7 mg
- Sodium 703.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 36.7 g