Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From another website. This recipe uses frozen pre-cooked shrimp and they were great. Kids and DH liked this a lot. I served this with linguine.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 lb frozen cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined, defrosted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon butter
- pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar, to add to the lime juice
- 2 -3 tablespoons scallions, chopped
- Heat oil in a medium-hot skillet and add garlic. Let that cook for 2 minutes.
- Now add the shrimp and sprinkle with the cayenne pepper. Cook, moving them in the pan for 5 minutes.
- Add the sugar to the lime juice and mix; set aside.
- Add the milk, cheese, butter and lime juice blend and stir constantly for about 5 minutes more, making sure cheese and butter are melted and sauce is well blended.
- Taste for seasonings.
- Serve over linguine and sprinkle with some black pepper and garnish with scallions.