Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add linguine pasta, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Stir in cream, and season with pepper.
- Cook 6 to 8 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir Parmesan cheese into cream sauce, stirring until thoroughly mixed.
- Blend in the pesto, and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until thickened.
- Stir in the shrimp, and cook until they turn pink, about 5 minutes.
- Serve over the hot linguine.
This was yummy. I used about 4 oz of cream cheese instead of heavy cream for health reasons. I also added mushrooms as another rater suggested. Creamy pesto deliciousness!
Excellent sauce! I served it over homemade gnocchi instead of linguine (just because I wanted to try it) and sliced up Roasted Pepper and Asagio chicken sausage in it along with the shrimp. Yummy!!
Really easy to make and great tasting. I had all the ingredients except fo the shrimp in the fridge. I cheated and used the small shrimp already peeled and deveined. I used more since they were smaller. This cut down the prep time but still gave the great flavor. My hubby also loved it and has requested it to be on the menu ... thanks LikeItLoveIt!