Just something I threw together for a quick weeknight meal. Amounts can be adjusted to personal taste.
- 1 (16 ounce) packagefrozen ravioli (any flavor, I used chicken & cheese ravioli)
- 1 (14 ounce) can Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 1⁄4 cup pesto sauce (store bought or homemade)
- 1 tablespoon coarse ground Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup gouda cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup feta, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes (or to taste)
- sea salt, to taste (optional)
- fresh ground pepper, to taste (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup toasted pine nuts (optional)
- Cook ravioli according to package directions; drain.
- In medium sauce pan, add next four ingredients.
- Cook over medium heat until bubbly; continue cooking until liquid is reduced and starts to thicken.
- Add next four ingredients ; cook until heated through and cheese is melted.
- Fold in ravioli; heat through.
- Stir in pinenuts and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve hot with a crisp, green salad and garlic bread.
I made this as written except I didn't add the nuts. WoW!! We really loved this dish! The sauce was just amazing!! I will be making this dish again in the near future. Thank you for posting this fabulous recipe!
This was fabulous, and so easy, too! I made it exactly as posted, except I did not add the pine nuts. Wonderful, creamy texture. With so many strong-flavored ingredients, I didn't know what to expect, but it blended together deliciously! Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup Game.
I made Kittencal's Perfect Pesto for this recipe and used your suggested chicken and cheese ravioli. I added chicken breasts which I cut into bite sized pieces and pan-fried before adding the sauce ingredients. The sauce is delicious and I greatly appreciate you posting this recipe. Very creative and the flavor is fantastic. Thank you for posting your creation!