Missy Merrill's Note:
Since I live off the coast of North Carolina I am always looking for seafood recipes. This is not only great it is VERY easy to prepare. The original recipe came from one of my favorite cookbooks, "Cook Healthy, Cook Quick". It called for lobster but I have substituted all types of seafood, (whatever I can find fresh!) and they all taste wonderful!! Serve with a salad and bread for a great light summer time meal!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces fresh seafood (shrimp, scallops, lobster or crabmeat..even imitation crabmeat will work)
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta, uncooked
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup chopped green onion
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons reduced-calorie stick margarine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1/3 cup nonfat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- 2Drain well.
- 3Set aside and keep warm.
- 4Combine mushrooms, green onions, white wine and garlic in a large nonstick skillet.
- 5Bring to a boil.
- 6Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered until liquid evaporates.
- 7Add margarine, stirring to melt.
- 8Add flour and cook stirring constantly for 1 minute.
- 9Gradually stir in milk.
- 10Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture thickens and begins to boil.
- 11Stir in your choice of seafood and sour cream; cook an additional 2-4 minutes until seafood is opaque and thorougly heated.
- 12Spoon over pasta; sprinkle with cheese and paprika.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Seafood With Angel Hair Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 329.5
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 5.3 mg
- Sodium 165.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 12.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-calorie stick margarine