Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Real Lasagna after a hard day's work! Serve with garlic bread and a salad.
Make and share this Crock Pot Lasagna recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 (28 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons dried basil
- salt & pepper
- 8 ounces cottage cheese
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 (16 ounce) package lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese or 2 cups your favorite Italian cheese blend, for top
- Sauté onion in olive oil until tender.
- Add ground beef and cook until browned.
- Add garlic, salt and pepper.
- Drain fat from pan.
- Add tomato paste and cook approximately 5 minutes.
- Add crushed tomatoes, basil and more salt to taste.
- Let simmer while you prepare the cheese mixture.
- Combine cottage, ricotta, Parmesan, and mozzarella chesses with egg, garlic salt and parsley; mix well.
- Spoon a layer of sauce into crock pot.
- Cover with a layer of noodles, broken to fit.
- Add half of the cheese mixture.
- Cover with a layer of sauce.
- Add another layer of noodles, cheese mixture, sauce.
- End with a final layer of noodles and the remaining sauce.
- Cover with mozzarella.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.